Monday, July 26, 2010

Collective Salvation

 
George Washington:


"If once people become inattentive to public affairs, you and I and congress and assemblies, judges and governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

Thomas Jefferson:

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and FROTHY ELOQUENCE neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have to show me.”

These quotes are sidebars to an article on the Internet. The article and the statements by Washington and Jefferson can be seen by Googling, POPE BENEDICT XVI - COLLECTIVE SALVATION.

Pope Benedict begins by saying, “Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.”

No comments: